Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Barrow Boy

I'll (most likely) be off to North Carolina for a new environment, a new starting point of sorts. I've always wanted to travel the world, but I guess I'll have to put that plan/dream on hold. It's possible to explore without being physically away, no? I'm quite excited about college.

And, okay, I don't get any bonus points--I googled. Beautiful lyrics though! I used to listen to one of their songs quite a bit, so it's a nice re-discovery, I suppose. Thank you!

What about the rest of you guys? Plans, dreams, adventures?

Not too hard:

"Would I could afford to buy my love a fine gown
Made of gold and silk Arabian thread
But I am dead and gone and lying in a church ground
But still I push my barrow all the day
Still I push my barrow all the day"

1 comment:

Jane Ly said...

The Decemberists! I love their music. I admit I probably wouldn't have gotten it without the title, though.

I feel the same way as far as college = starting point goes. I have no idea where I'll go yet, although I'll be applying to an unhealthy number of schools.